Sunday, May 19, 2013

Movies, Musicals, and Learning about Life

Life has been fairly quiet this May. It rains at least once a week. The days are lazy and long and nights get dark and cold. Time is given to reading books, lazily keeping up with chores, watching movies, and rehearsing for the musical every night except Sundays. This week with the show, I got to learn to imitate ballet and fighting. I still learn everyday about acting and singing for the stage, but the dancing is what excites me most! 

I got to see the new Star Trek movie. It was AWESOME!!! The theater I went to had the volume up really loud, so during fight scenes, explosions, or anything that was just loud, I would bury my ear in Lorenzo's arm. But the storyline, acting, FX, everything was perfect.

One of the books I have read was the first book of the Hunger Games. It was a good book, one that I could read over again in the future. It read like a young girl telling a story, as it should be, not like Tolkien, Hugo, or the more scholarly authors. It was captivating, like many have told me. And yes there are differences from the book and the movie, but what book doesn't? 

Umm... I guess that is it for now. Love you all and see you all soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment