Saturday, October 27, 2012

Senior Year!!!

I realize that I am horrible about keeping up with this blog! I can only hope that I can get better eventually.

Anyway, this past September began my senior year at SVU. Can you believe it? I have been at this great and expensive school for 4 years now? I hardly can! I am on track to graduate April 27, 2013 with Bachelor degrees in Music and Theatre. The work load though is amazing. I am constantly doing something everyday. My class list this semester is:

  • Music Theory III- learning how music is made closer to what we hear from modern composers
  • Acting III (Musical Theatre)- learning how to act while singing and some possible dancing
  • Music History I- learning music's history from Ancient Greece up to Bach in the Baroque period
  • Scenic Painting- learning how to paint for the stage (this class is a lot harder than it sounds!)
  • Orchestra- playing percussion for whatever pieces Professor Taylor decides to have us play
  • Wind Ensemble- similar but I am first flute 
  • Aural Skills III- training my ears to hear music events and sounds
  • Piano lessons- yup, picked that up again
  • Performance Attendance- yes this is a real class
  • Production Workshop- learn how to work behind the scenes of the theatre so all performances run as smoothly as possible
  • Senior Project- consisting of acting as Assistant Director for Little Women, the musical we are performing this semester, compose a percussion score for that show and perform it. I also had to perform percussion for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. That show did REALLY well! We even took it on the road for one performance.
  • Sunday School Teacher- with my husband, we teach the amazing 12- 13 year olds in our ward. Some of the best youth I know!
  • Relief Society Chorister- leading the music in the RS meetings on Sunday
I think that is it... if not I will let you know! This semester has been busy, tiring, exciting, and fun. There would be very little I would change about it. I better go, I think the dishes are calling my name (ugh). Love you all and I hope that I can see people at Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment